Here’s a list of networking sites and other computer related links that should help you.
- PracticallyNetworked – provides information and tips for small network builders.
- WindowsNetworking – offers tips and tutorials for all version of Windows
- Beginner Guides: Wireless Home Networking – This article covers purchasing and setting up a wireless home network.
- EZLAN.NET – Networking for Home & SOHO, a Practical Approach.
- Home-Network-Help – Useful tutorials and tips on home network setup, wireless network setup and network troubleshooting. You would find other useful computer networking tips also.
- SmallNetBuilder – SmallNetBuilder provides real help for your small network.
- Home Network Admin – Setup, secure, and maintain your home network with confidence.
Other Computer Links
- PortForward.com – Free help setting up your router and firewall.
- LanTalk NET – A network messaging software that provides instant message for internal office use.
- Sysinternals Utilities – Sysinternals provides networking tools that range from connection monitors to resource security analyzers.
- TeamViewer – TeamViewer is fast and friendly easy solution for remote access.
- OpenDNS – Providing A Safer And Faster Internet.
- hMailServer – Free E-mail server for Microsoft Windows.
- FreeNAS – FreeNAS is a free and open-source network-attached storage (NAS) software appliance to store and share files across your network.
- Advanced IP Scanner – This program shows all network devices, gives you access to shared folders, and remotely switch computers off.
- Amped Wireless – Amped Wireless provides long range wireless solutions for the home and office.
- NetWorx – NetWorx is a simple and powerful tool that can monitor your bandwidth.
- BurnAware – A lightweight powerful easy burning software for CDs, DVDs, and Blue-ray media.
- MemTest86 – MemTest86 is a standalone diagnostic tool to test computer memory.
- Crucial Memory – Find compatible memory and upgrades for your computer.
- Windows Driver Kit (WDK) – The Windows Debugger tools for Windows (WinDbg) are included in the WDK to debug and diagnose a BSOD or blue screen problems.
Blogs of Interest
- MSRC – Microsoft Security Response Center
- Microsoft Secure Blog – Microsoft’s view on security and trust.
- Microsoft Malware Protection Center – Threat Research & Response Blog
- Blogging Windows – Get the latest information on Windows.
- Networking Blog – The Microsoft Networking Team Blog.
- MS MVPs – The ultimate destination for current and former Microsoft MVPs.